Re: [TCML] Tesla coil EM Gauss readings

Are you actually asking for magnetic field measurements? A "gauss meter" tends to have a fairly low frequency cutoff.. measuring mostly DC or audio frequency fields at most.

I've not used the meter ( do not have one ) so don't know what the limitations are.

Or are you looking at the RF fields?
And then, are you looking for the peak or rms fields, and over what bandwidth?

There is a strong component at the resonant frequency, with "sidebands" at harmonics of the break rate, and, harmonics of the basic waveform, too

Then, there is a very strong component at higher frequencies (>10 MHz) from the actual spark discharges from the secondary topload.

Which are you interested in?

Interested in any real data of any form. Not sure I heard of that 10Mhz one before so that's a new one for me! Can understand harmonics sure. Really looking towards the resonant frequency itself in terms of what is actually output. Distance form the coil would also be useful, only interested in up to a few meters away. I don't think the breakrate frequency's would have a great effect, something I never looked into either. Though Fres is the main one for now. The spark discharge 10MHz sounds interesting much the same!

Chris