From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rich Schmuke
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:00 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Spark gap

I am going to ask a simple question but please give a simple answer. I am
not a EE just a builder. I was asking about a rotor gap the other day and it
was suggested I try a propeller gap for my 200ma coil. Well I have a motor
from a 8" hard drive now and am going to build a mount as soon as it is warm
enough to get to my shed. My question is why is a propeller at 3600 RPM
better than a RQ copper tube gap?  60 cycle RQ  vs a 3600RPM it's the same
break rate I think.

Rich