Re: [TCML] Energy accumulation on TC.

During one of our Teslathons, we took a small white styrofoam box and filled it with liquid nitrogen and immersed a copper cylinder static gap. Very violent boiling, as you can imagine, but what was utterly weird is that the UV from the gap caused the remaining liquid nitrogen to fluoresce with a beautiful pale blue light for about a full minute after the gap was turned off. I have never seen a report anywhere else that liquid nitrogen can fluoresce.

Bert Pool"

That is most interesting. What would be equally interesting if someone with ready access to LN2 could repeat the experiment and use a spectroscope to observe the spectrum of the fluorescence. How bright was the light immediately after the power was turned off?

Ed