Re: [TCML] Hyperbaric Gap - Was Sphere Topload Coil

I doubt if this qualifies as a true hyperbaric gap, as
it isn't contained inside a pressure vessel, but it
did perform much better as a blown gap than a sucker
gap. I used this gap on my 4" coil for years with no
problem:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/sparks.jpg

Once I built my 10" coil, this gap outperformed my
undersized srsg. Then I bought the srsg from David and
the VFD and motor from you, which allowed me to go
arsg. I had some kids yelling for me to crank it up
more, so I did. I have a 7.3 amp Rigid Shop-Vac, but
knowing me, I was prolly feeding it 140 volts. I don't
recall exactly how high I ran it, but my welder goes
as high as 75 amps when hooked up to my pig JL. I was
feeding the pig 280 volts. Once I got to a point, more
current wasn't producing longer streamers, but it
seemed to be brighter and louder. It was dark, so I
feared the worst once it stopped cold at high power.
Once I saw the melted solder and PVC, I was relieved.

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/Meltdown.jpg

Adam