Static Gap Pipe Diameter Was: [TCML] Sphere Topload Coil

I have 1.25" diameter pipes. I've had problems with smaller diameters dealing with keeping the gap stable and cool. Larger pipe offers greater surface area for cooling. I use a hefty squirrel cage fan which blows much more air than muffin fans. I'm surprise you had issues with the 2" pipes.

Bart

david baehr wrote:
what size pipes ya using on yours ?    mine are 1" dia, 'bout 4" long   with two good sized muff fans for cooling,
it will stay stable for long runs at 3kva ,.....I used 2" dia in the past,...although they stay cooler, the smaller dia seems to perform better.......