RE: [TCML] Sphere Topload Coil -> hyperbaric gap

Yes, widening the gap would of course raise the breakdown voltage, but that's not the goal here.  The goal is to have equivalent breakdown voltages between the "normal" gap and the hyperbaric gap.  But the point to the hyperbaric gap is that with the same breakdown voltage, it would have a lower resistance, and lower losses, due to the fact that the gap length is less.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA,  USA