Re: [TCML] Looking for small SSTC kit/instructions in UK...

Nick:

  Look for US patent 4,023,067, Inverter Ballast Circuit.  This circuit is the simplest SSTC I've seen.  Disconnect fluorescent tube, replace capacitor with a topload, and you have a CW oscillator.  Floating fluoro lamps in your hand, light in proximity to coil.

  Beware, the circuit in this mode heats up quickly.  I´ve tried to add components to control this, but nothing worth to post yet.  If you connect fluoro and HV cap as patent states, it will run cool, without heatsink on the transistor.

  Something more complex, look at:

  http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/ss-tesla/ss-tesla2.html

  Best,

  GL.

Telsa <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
  Hi,

I'm looking for a small, maybe 6", SS TC as a kit or as a set of
instructions - I'm happy with most electronics (I was an EE) but never have
worked with HT (I've read the HT FAQs on this site). I can have boards made
etc., and I'm trying to keep things as simple as is possible.

This is really for science stuff with my sons. Any pointers gratefully
received.

Nick