Re: [TCML] comment about new coilers

Hi Matt,

It's just an emotional reaction and nothing more. It doesn't undo Miles comments as you say (your wrong about that). You've made emotional reactions at times and so have I. I suspected such a reaction and is why I replied (a little late obviously). There was a time in my coiling and with the TCML when I was extremely "emotional". Terry in his wisdom banned many of my comments to be sent to the TCML (back then I would have pissed off just about everyone). I would rather fight than talk (it's just my nature).

Wow, was Terry a smart dude or what? I'm very thankful that my emotional responses didn't get to the list. Looking back, I was a moron for being so emotional over theoretical disagreements. I've learned since then that if I'm emotional about a post, I need to take a little breathing time. As I've done this, I've learned that sometimes I'm the one with the emotional problem and not the poster. So these days, I give posts a little "breathing" time and let them settle in.

Miles does bring up a good point and that is "with the help, knowledge, and available tech support these days with Tesla Coils, are the new coilers sort of cheated out of the experience that we've had to deal with"? I think that is all Miles is saying.

I'm not intensionally coming to Miles defense, I simply read the comments with my "personal experience with Miles". When you talk with a coiler you get to know him (or her). It changes the way you interpret posts. In some cases like this, you see it differently than maybe everyone else. And if I do see it differently, I have "NO" problem saying so. I am overly opinionated "as my wife has told me". She's always right. So, I accept that I give my "opinion" probably more than is wanted: but it's just my way.

Take care,
Bart

Mddeming@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Bart, It was good hearted of you to come to Miles' defense with your very plausible and rational explanation of what he wrote. Too bad that his very next post undid it all: "OK guys, whatever you say.

My dad threw me in the pool, and guess  what, I learned how to swim, and
fast too!

If blowing up parts, isn't  part and parcel with working on Tesla coils
then I don't know what is."
Moves him to my "A-list" Matt D