RE: [TCML] RE: musing on lists ( Wireless Transmission Theory)

Are you asking if Tesla described the function of the extra spark gap and spiral supports?  I'm not at all as well versed in his writings as you, but in the diagram labeled Fig 5, the extra gap is identified as "rectifier corona plasma".  The device is clearly a high voltage DC generator, rectifying the TC output using coronal rectification to charge the top load capacitance.

The spiral supports seem to be a precursor to the beehive insulators in use today, as a means of extending the surface arc distance.  I wonder if such a machine and insulators were ever built.  No mysteries at all.

Gary Lau
MA, USA