Re: [TCML] Table Saw Blades for Phenolic LE

Hi Dan,

That dust gets everywhere! Have dust collection connected to the saw. Some phenolic may have fungcides which can really be nasty. I have one sheet that always leaves a metallic taste in my mouth whenever I machine any of it.(mil surplus sheet) I use a DeWalt plastics blade for it and it works fine.

I have had a 12/120 system arc thru 10" of the material, so be carefull in it's use with HV. It does pick up water. But it does work well for rotories as long as it doesn't get too hot.

I think the plastics blades have a 5 degree negative rake, and nonferrous blades are 0 degree. Might be the other way around.

David E Weiss

Anyone have experience with cutting LE Phenolic on a table saw.  Looking
for a blade recommendation for nice clean cuts.
Just acquired a truckload of this stuff from a surplus auction and
probably going to be building lots of stuff with it!

Thanks

Dan