RE: [TCML] Beginner Transformer Question

This got me to thinking , I have a little transformer sitting around. It was
going to be used as a plate transformer for a RF amp. I am not going to
build the amp but what about a voltage doubler supply for a coil. The
transformer is 240/3680 Vac at 1 amp CCS. Has any one tried a doubler like
this on a spark gap coil. By the ARRL hand book it should be able to get
10Kv dc and at least 500ma because it wont be constant use. The secondary
wire in the transformer is 18ga so it is built solid.
 If no good for a coil any body need a transformer?
Rich