Re: [TCML] MOT Measurements

----- Original Message ----- From: "bartb"

Hi Dave,

The transformer "core" is 2.1" thick. It's width (longest section left to right) is 5.1" and it's depth top to bottom is 4.5". The shunts are in place just as you assumed and reach across the thickness at 2.1"L x 0.3" Ht and 0.85" width (1.6" core material between inner edge of shunts). About 15 shunts make up the 0.3" Ht value per side. I have 2 of these MOT's (and a few other smaller MOT's).

That sounds like one of the trannies I pulled from old Sharp units (they have a terminal strip on the top). Of all the ovens I dismantled, those were the biggest.

Jon