Re: [TCML] Flat strip primary inductance

Paul Nicholson skrev:
snip

Having modeled the ribbon coil in this way, there is then the
question of how to represent the coil during calculations of
M with other coils.  I was thinking of representing it as a
single filament, the position of which corresponds to the
'center of mass' of the current distribution.  Question is,
would that be sufficient for typical primary-secondary M
calculations?
--
Paul Nicholson
Paul,

If the effect of coupling should force the current to flow differently in the foil, then the inductance would change, and thus the resonant frequency would change.

Since the decrease in inductance, due to the conductor being a foil, is most pronounced in coils with few turns it seems like these coils would be the best tool to investigate it.

But during coupling, things get "messy"

I have these coils going to first light over the hollidays, so maby we can work something out?

I know I have promised to make measurements before. but flunked it, perhaps this time?

Cheers, Finn Hammer