Re: [TCML] Flat strip primary inductance

Hi Paul,

Paul Nicholson wrote:
I think it would be possible to alter JavaTC to model such primary coils by the above method, but for now, ....
Someday when we have a corresponding free week or two, it would be nice to implement a flat conductor. This will force some other work beyond Geotc, so nothing that could be done overnight. For one example, Javatc also looks at proximity regardless of height or diameter between two conductors. Sounds simple, but it's not. I ran into Geotc crashes while performing geometry checks, all of which would actually have been physically impossible (and different geometry collisions error at different intersections). So physical crashes had to be validated prior to calculation to prevent a Geotc crash (this is how I got around the issues). It took hundreds of runs to identify. Once Javatc could identify this value accurately for all geometries, then I was able to implement coil to coil minimum proximities based on the coils and the voltages.

Anyway, I don't want to pull this thread into some Javatc thing (so not looking for replies). I'm just stating that if and when we do this, there is still further work to be done on my end to maintain program continuity.

Take care,
Bart