Re: [TCML] New Geen Monster picks on Flickr

Hi Jim,

You wrote:

Hi David,

(1) As I understand you, you are running RF ground back to an isolated Pig
via the X-ray cable shield? (2) The picture of the flex shield goes directly to the X-ray shield and then to RF ground at the coil? This is exactly what
I wanted to do!

Yes, you're getting the picture ;^)

I see all your controls such as the variac are mounted to Plexi, Is this for
cool viability and (3)they are at Mains ground yes?

Yes, actually the front panel is lexan - a little more expensive but much
more durable and easier to work with w/out it cracking, ect.  Yes, I chose
transparent lexan for better visibility of the control panel's "guts". And, yes
all of the metal surfaces at the control panel (with the exception of the
exterior tank of the pig inside) are mains grounded.

Mounting an isolated RF grounded Potential Transformer will be a little
easier then a mongo pig! I think I would want two rolling racks if I was
housing a pig. It is clean though! I like the plexi or lexan look!

Thanks David!

Jim Mora

Your most welcome,
David

PS - BTW, I've been getting my polycarbonate (Lexan) from ebay
seller "popdisplays" and would highly recommend this seller for your
small quantity plastics needs, as his prices (and shipping rates) seem
reasonable and he has always shipped out pretty fast for me.