From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of bartb
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:29 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Control Cabinet, X-ray cable, RF-Mains grounding

Something else I decided (what the hell) to comment on (my personal view
if the subject):

The hv cable being stripped back from the gap connection is either going
to RF or mains ground in the norm of what I've read. In either case,
there will be tendency for the terminal sparks (if capable of ground
arcs) to seek out the cable mesh. It's an bad invitation. I've never
understood why anyone would configure their high power coil with this
setup. If the cable is braided, then just strip both ends back and get
rid of the potential by at least a few thousand volts. Both RF and mains
ground if in reach is like a crippled bison to Lions. Six years ago, I
was against strike rings (for the same reason). Even though were in the
lions territory, we can still hide our scent.

Bart