RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

Yes very sure it is much better to use the MMC style caps.I have old 220uF 400V metal caps from an old TV and its huge compared to newer plastic caps same rating and maybe 1/4 the size too.So I guess smaller is better these days :-)                                       Thanks Bart

-----Original Message-----
From: "bartb" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 2008/12/12 05:47
Subject: Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi Gareth,

Any time you remove "losses" (conductors or otherwise), it's always
better. I don't think anyone would disagree with you. But realize, most
of us don't use bottle caps any longer as we have more practical and
superior capacitors available these days. Sure, now and then, someone
builds a bottle cap, but most use MMC's these days.

Take care,
Bart

kingsandangels@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> To the list                                          I think that by using less bottles but of larg
[truncated by sender]