Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] IGBT CM600 max current ?

Chris,

I have successfully run a CM600 at 4500 Peak Amps.
You can see the effect here, where the coil is producing 60 inches of
spark from 1 such brick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK17-CoB7LE
I call it world record, that`s for fun: It is in the group, T-BRISG, and
since I am currently the only  one in that lot, it was easy.

I don`t know how long time the brick can last this kind of abuse, but it
is at least in the hours.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Chris Swinson skrev:
Hi all,

Does anyone have any results for the max current the CM600 will be
happy with ? some people seem to run IGBT at mugh higher than rated
current. Says 1.4KA on the PDF. Wondering if anyone has any lucking
running them at a higher current before I blow big bucks on blowing
them up!  also going to try running 2 in parallel for more current..
tricky but hopefully it will take the current stress off a single IGBT
a little...

Chris