From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Finn Hammer
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 4:13 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] magnifier efficiency, was : Hi power/ little coil??

DC Cox skrev:

> Richard Hull did this exact experiment with his magnifier system which I
saw
> running in Richmond, VA.
>
> His resonator coil was 32'" in length, topped with an 11 ft. dia toroid,
and
> it produced a 13 ft long spark ---- a record that has never been broken.
>
> It was driven by a 200 kV driver coil, but the main resonator was under 3
ft
> long, wound with AWG# 28, and produced 13 ft long sparks!
>
> It was amazing to see in operation.
>
> Dr. Resonance

It sure must have been.
Richard went to great lengths to point out that this was a proof of
efficiency, and of course it was: resonator coil/sparklength wise.

I wonder, however, if this became the foundation of the coiling myth,
that magnifiers are more efficient than standard coils, from an input
watts to sparklength point of view.

Cheers, Finn Hammer