FW: [TCML] TC Newbie, disregard US plastics lead

Sorry, bad number. I will find some to pay my pentance;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Mora [mailto:wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 2:27 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi Gary,

Your right! PET is lossy with after the fact investigation. However, your
correction brings to mind series parallel combinations... some bottles are
made from polypropylene which has the highest dielectric strength per mil on
my chart and low high freq dissipation. Lookie here:
http://members.tm.net/lapointe/Plastics.htm
Glass seems a bit archaic yet expedient and classic.

I am building a large control cabinet and can't start yet another project!
Worth an experiment anyway, anyone?

Jim Mora
PS:
US plastics has 16 OZ #66560 with cap $ .52 sorry no Corona or Millers;-( A
trip to the grocery may be rewarding. Most Medicine jars are PP. Lots of
cups like Subway's are pp too though only larger ones are likely thick
enough for experimentation purposes. Start watching! PP is #5 in the recycle
triangle in the US on the bottom.