Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi Greg, All,

Construction is a big part of losses. But reason I'm posting is that I do have a simple calculator which may help. The only problem is that it is a rough guesstimate based on the dielectric constant which is an input. Can't get around that however.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/bottlecap/bottlecap.html

BTW, click the little blue colored "help" text at the left of the inputs if needed.

Take care,
Bart

G Hunter wrote:
Hi Matt,

There's a lot of mythology out there concerning bottle capacitors.  Most of it conflicts so badly with my own experience that I can only conclude they are tall tales. <snip>