[TCML] Re: NST failure ?? variac problem too

>From: Sfxneon@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [TCML] NST failure ?? variac problem too
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx

>The primary should be isolated from the case ground, so it's ka-put. What's
>the resistance across the primary?

>Tony Greer

The resistance across the primary is 0.39 Ohms, I "reled" out any lead resistance when I did this.
And with everything disconnected from my poor NST, there is still 3.6 ohm to ground.  It's strange that this has happened because last time I used in on my tesla coil, it worked fine.

I'm going to modify my variac AGAIN!!  So far I've put in a long heavy duty power cord on it, fixed up the ground inside and installed a ground binding post, replaced the fuse holder to take standard fuses and replace the voltage meter with a better one.  Now I'm going to replace the switch with a DPDT switch and some lights for power and a reverse wiring indicator.  This piece of junk cost me alot of money to get to Canada, and I've practically rebuilt it!  It's one of those white variacs made in China that you see on ebay, model 2090VR.  I would suggest that no one else buy these variacs.

Shaun Epp