From: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 9:46 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Salient Pole Query

I'll echo John's experience.  After converting
about a half-dozen motors, the only thing to strive for is
that your flats are the same width, and have a uniform
angular spacing between them.   As far as precision, I used
a 4.5" angle grinder, and they turned out fine using
John's rule of thumb given above.

How did you make the flats with an angle grinder? Did you mount the grinder or the rotor in some sort of jig? Did you try to balance the rotor, or does a
small imbalance matter?

Cheers,

Greg