Re: [TCML] rotary gap disk

Hi Jay,

GPO3 is also great for machining primary runners and goodies like that ;-) . Also, very fine dust when machining and dangerous to inhale. Where a mask at the least.
Bart

jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Arg, I wish I had see this before I bought the cheap poly. for a 3/4" thick 12 by 12 inch sheet the cost is $33.78. I guess I could use the poly as a base or something and get some of this GP03 stuff in a couple weeks. Many thanks
Jay Howson

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "S&JY" <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
Jay, There is another good and cheaper alternative to G-10. It is GP03, an electrical grade fiberglass material, available from McMaster-Carr. It machines well with ordinary tools, and has a temperature range up to 400 degrees F, which is better than G-10 if I remember correctly. I use it in my RSG and am very satisfied with it. In 2000, a 12" x 12" x 3/8" sheet of it cost $9.73. Look at their Part Number 8549K372 to get you to the right page in their catalog. --Steve Y.