Re: [TCML] Charging circuit.

Gareth, simply the transformer and cap is needed to form the resonant rise. But if you use a current ballast for limiting purposes, then it's inductance will also play into the resonance condition by altering the frequency at which resonance will occur for a given cap and transformer.

Take care,
Bart

kingsandangels@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Bart Thanks again I actually read it a while back and forgot about it(Didnt need to know)But now Im learning about it.Thanks for the link.Bart I also heard that the inductance of the inductor used for the voltage rise has to also match the transformer.Would the secondary of a Mot be good enough, to be a close match the transformer, and tank cap? Dr.Resonance? Thanks Gareth (I Sawed off the primary of the MOT for no interference).