RE: [TCML] SRSG new video - feedback welcome

Yes, I would definitely put the gap on a different line, my coil did the same pulsing thing until I fixed this (I figured out that that was a problem when the breaker flipped and it ran fine until the pole light came back on, then the flickering started again, until I moved the motor to a different line.)  Remember that your synchronous motor (if it is a modified type) will draw more current than it normally would.  I would try this, as your motor may sync fine with the power supply turned off, but it will only take a small current drop to change that.  Good luck.

Scott Bogard.