Re: [TCML] Tested Transformer

No hardware store is going to carry this nst insulation (not tar).

Since you have gone to all the trouble to remove the tar (actually, it's not
really tar but an insulation that just looks like tar),
why not go an extra step and provide superior insulation.  Use a cheap
WalMart plastic tub and immerse the xmfr in
transformer oil.  Most large electric utilities use this oil in large
substation transformers and could spare a gallon or two.

Also, while the insulation is out of your xmfr, if you knock out approx 3 of
the shunts in each quadrant (for separate shunts)
you will increase the output current which will dramatically increase the
performance of your coil.

Contact me off-list if you need help with this process.

Dr. Resonance