RE: [TCML] Camcorder Gap Syncronizing

Herr Zapp -
I don't want to offer an explanation as much as a vague guess with that one...I have no clue really why in the video the spark disappeared!  I figure it was either the camera or the software (Window's Movie Maker), what is strange is that only one video did that in a half-dozen or so that I took.  Who knows!

The pitch changes are due first to slow motion video (I normally do a normal speed video, and a small clip of something in half-speed), but also in those cluster of clips used for that video I was fiddling around changing the capacity of the circuit from the first part of the video to the last, and the current through the transformer also.  This changed how the gap fired, and making little changes could gradually cause it fire as little as once a second, or only several times a second.

The effect of how the gap (whether this one, or any gap) fired made some interesting effects on the Tesla Coil sparks with these low currents and slow charges/discharges...
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2008/KinraideBondo/DSC01807.JPG
For example, the little white areas of the sparks (that normally appear in the middle of the sparks at low currents) would shift one direction or the other, depending on the capacity.  Also, sometimes (not sure why) some of the sparks appeared with these little white areas "jagged" or "dashed" over the length of the spark.  These little effects were plainly visible with the eye when the coil operated.

Jeff