RE: [TCML] Terry Filter Caps

I don't believe that caps used in a Terry filter need to follow the same criteria for being "good" as caps used for a tank capacitor.  The current in Terry filter caps is limited by those big 1K resistors, and is very small compared with what a tank cap sees.  Typical values for ESR and ESL in any kind of cap should present no problem in a Terry filter application.  I have used ceramic doorknob caps, and even ceramic disc caps, provided they have a suitable voltage rating, are fine.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA