[TCML] Camcorder Gap Syncronizing

Hi All,

I think I have come up with a way to check SRSG's using a camcorder.  I was shooting aircraft at the EAA with my HD camcorder, and with the shutter speed at around 500 I was able to almost stop the propellers on the aircraft.  It was kinda funny to watch a P-38 lightning fly past with it's props barely turning.

The camera has a 120th second setting as well.  At this setting, it should stop a syncronous gap in it's tracks, and work similar to a strobe.

The only downside would be that it's not syncronizied to the 60 Hz power, so the alignment might be off, but it may still allow checking rotory gaps, and phase controllers.

So if your camcorder has shutter speed adjustment, you may want to give it a try.

I will have my camcorder at Cheesehead again this year, so if anyone wants to check this out on their rotories, we can give it a try.  It should also slow down ASRG's too.

David E Weiss