Re: [TCML] mmc cap protection by spark-gaps-any ideas?

The recommended value has been usually 10 megohm each for years.

-----Original Message-----
From: CONOR WHYTE <cjwhyte@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:14 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] mmc cap protection by spark-gaps-any ideas?

well, if I recall correctly they were supposed to be 1/4W at 1Mohm. these were
crap as I said.
without the resistors I got 84-86", with the resistors the gap actually
sputtered more (static air gap)
and I lost ~5-6" maybe... I could see the resistors sparkling a little.  I think
the material was garbage use to make them.
So anyways.. not going to use them again.. period.
I don't see if your tank MMC is constructed properly why you'd need them in the
first place.