Re: [TCML] Where to learn about IGBT's?

Dave

Below is a list of URL's that have excellent information on
applications and physics of IGBT operation.   These grouping
is not all inclusive, other potential manufacturers of power
devices with extensive application guides include:
FUJI, TOSHIBA, ST Micro (Thomson)

International Rectifier has a wealth of information on IGBT's

http://www.irf.com/indexsw.html

Semikron is very big in the EU (Germany), also has a large web presence.

http://www.semikron.com/

Powerex is Mitsubshi semiconductor in US, also large web presence and
excellent application section.

www.pwrx.com

IXYS is also a US/EU firm with large IGBT portfolio.  Westcode is an IXYS subsidiary,
focusing in transportation (railroads, ship propulsion) using IGBT's

www.ixys.com
http://www.westcode.com/

A Swiss competitor (really world wise presence) is ABB; extensive IGBT portfolio to
very high currents and voltages.  AC/DC utility links, large cycloconverters for marine
propulsion.

http://www.abb.com/semiconductors

Finally, Fairchild Semiconductor also markets and manufacturers
a large number of discrete and packaged devices.

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/

If you are an IEEE member, might want to check previous Power Electronics
Society papers, APEC (Applied Power Electronics Conference) papers, etc.
Happy research!

Regards

Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA