Re: [TCML] Looking for feedback

Stephen -

  Two issues:

  1. Please confirm that the motor rotor speed is 30 revolutions per second (1800 RPM), and not the 30 RPM you stated;

  2. Please confirm that this is truly a salient-pole synchronous motor, and not some other sort of AC motor.

  Regards,
  Herre Zapp

"Stephen J. Hobley" <shobley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  We recently replaced a static spark gap in our coil with a synchronous rotary running at 120bps (30rpm * 4 bangs per turn). You can see a movie of the before and after here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iylUg_eGk6I

At the moment the rotary is not delivering the performance we expected. I believe this is due to a sync problem with the 60Hz supply.

Based on the movie I'd be interested to get constructive feedback from more experienced coilers...

Thanks,
Steve