Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] crusher capacitor design

I have a circuit using a MOT with a x 5 multiplier that produces 11 kV DC to
drive a can crusher coil.

Fire me an email off-list and I will send it to you.

Dr. Resonance

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Ken <kens.coil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

List,

I have managed to acquire 72 X EPCOS 500V- capacitors. I want to make a
coin crusher using these capacitors. Would it be best to wire these in sets of three of 24 in series for 12000 volts? I first tried it with three sets of 24 in parallel for 1500 volts for a great bang, but no crush. Is the high
voltage needed in order to make it crush?

Here is a link to my other 6000 joule coin crusher that I would like to
parallel these new capacitors with for a total of 20,000 joules.

http://kenscoil.com/coincrusher.htm

Thanks!

Ken
http://kenscoil.com