To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:02 AM
Subject: [TCML] Ion Motor

Hi All,

Finally got my 8" x 33" inch coil running again last night after  being
disassembled and put away for several years. First light with the 7.5 kVA
bombarder was very successful, but it still needs to be tweaked some more. Was getting 6+ foot arcs with the slide choke all the way in (minimum power, about 150
mA), but it should do much better than that when it's tuned up.

Now I'm looking for tips, techniques or websites on how to  build a plasma
motor to set on top of the toroid. I made a quick and dirty one last night about 3 feet across the tips, in the shape of an "S" and carefully balanced so it will rotate easily, but it won't spin on its own. Looks great when its given a push, but it slowly winds down. What's the right way to build one for this
size coil that will move on its own power?

Thanks,

Tony Greer