RE: [TCML] Hazards of Asynchronious arc gaps?

Hello friends,

It seems that I remember 400 BPS ASRG is a healthy break rate. I have a nice
duty cycle speed controller.  If I ever get my rotary gap back from my
machinist, the big coil will come to life. (we have been caught in the on
going physical geometry/heat of the gap dilemma). He is often doing
aerospace quality machining, a hell of a nice guy, and a lurker on our list.
It is 18" g10 with 3/8 tungsten 2" long slugs. The "towers" x2 are holding
9/16 diameter heat sinked electrodes and can be series/parallel

SO, what is the optimum rotation speed? I bought all the copper before it
went ballistic in price (.5" x 100 feet primary). Of course this is directly
proportional to the power and the caps. I have a 5kva 14,400V potential
transformer and (2) .1uf serious, new, general atomics capacitors.
Let's have some feedback from the people that have worked with these
parameters. The coil form is 5:1 1/8" pvc x12" but can easily scaled to
larger sonotube. I have lots of 16 and 18 awg high quality magnet wire.
This has been back burner as I have making my own bio-fuel for awhile with a
drill press and 5 gallon stirrer. Off topic, but my 250 diesel loves it!

Please check in with your experience with these parameters!
Credit goes out to Salt Lake Jack for the GE PT which can be wired for
16KV@5KVA. I wish I could find another one!

Jim Mora