Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] New 833C VTTC - poor performance

Hey list,

I GOT IT!!! I finally found the problem. The grid coil was wired BACKWARDS. I switched the leads and got 18" arcs instantly, without any plate glow!

Thanks to everyone who offered help. I have learned a lot with this project. Once I recheck all the tuning and tweeking, I'm on to building the staccato controller (the eastern voltage research one). Anyone have any suggestions for a triac?

Thanks again,

Kris