[TCML] New HV instrumentation--Optical CT's PT's

There was a thread earlier concerning technology to
SAFELY monitor Tesla systems.  As research in my
2nd career (Substations and Switchgear), I found this
company out of Canada -- NxtPhase.

http://www.nxtphase.com/

They are a spinoff of Honeywell --Laser Gyro/Inertial
Guidance group that have adapted this technology for
the Electric Power Industry.  Description of operation
and typical applications and sub assemblies are shown.

Advantages:
NO SATURATION (no magnetics in sensors)
NO FERRO-RESONANCE dangers
Wide bandwidth (DC-10Khz, up to 250KHz has been
    lab demonstrated)
EXTREME accuracy (<0.2% over nearly 4 decades of span);
    as good or better then a Ragowski Coil, for frequencies
     less then 100KHz
HIGH CURRENT (up to 400kA has been demonstrated
    in lab, with NO SATURATION/OVER RANGE effects with
    a circuit fault)
Maximum personnel safety (no conductors to HV areas)
Units to 800kV operating have been built, 230kV are
    in service at BC Hydro, and AZ Public Service
Low and High range analog, and digital outputs to interface
   with most CB trip systems

I had them give me a budgetary price on a 0.1-50A,72.5kV,
0.2%, 3 phase CT, ~ $28K, 10-12 week delivery ARO.
 Too pricey for most of us, but our commercial brethren
might find this technology useful.  So the technology is not
"vapor-ware" and is commercially available, if you have a
deep  enough pocketbook...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA