[TCML] Static or Rotary

I'm nearing completion on my 6" coil; maybe.  Currently my spark gap is a
sucker gap that has 3/4" copper pipe reducers as the electrodes.  This gap
worked decently with my NST supplies, though as I increased the power
delieverd to the gap it became clear that the gap could not disapate the
heat quickly enough.  Recently, I acquired a 100:1 1500VA PT to replace the
NST power supplies I have been using.  I'm rather certian that my sucker gap
will not be able to cope with the increase in power.  I may be able to get a
few seconds of run time before quenching becomes a major issue.

Using my current ballasting configuration for my PT I can deliver over 500mA
short circuited.  My tank cap consists of two Maxwell pulse caps rated at
50kV and delivering a comined capacitance of .0502uf.  This works out to be
less than half of what the PT can resonantly charge at the power levels I'm
feeding it. [~4000W]

What type of gap should I employ?  I'd like to employ a rotary of some
type.  It's my understanding that static gaps do quench very well at very
high break rates.  Would I have to reduce input power to run a rotary gap?
I'd like to go with something that provides a good comprimise between saftey
and performance.