[TCML] RE: Inspecting a coil while running

Terry Fritz built and documented a voltage and current scope probe using optical fiber isolation.  I and a few others on this List have built it, and documentation is archived at:
http://www.hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/R4APROBE.XLS
http://www.hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/R4APROBE.ZIP
http://www.hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/R4Probe.doc

I have found it difficult to calibrate, as the optical coupling between the fiber and transducers is often variable, but it gives excellent qualitative results, and is capable of quantitative results if care is taken.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA