Re: [TCML] Switching from 12/30 to 12/60 NST

Hi Steve,

Power affects spark length more than anything else. Doubling your power results in a spark length increase near 40%. When upgrading power, power handling (spark gap) may need to be upgraded as well to achieve the expected length.

Regards,
Bart

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:
My coil currently functions well on a 12kV/30mA NST. If I were to replace this with a 12kV/60mA NST and then make the necessary component adjustments recommended by Teslamap to accomodate the new transformer, would this mainly affect spark brightness/width or spark length (or both)? Is it increased voltage that contributes most to spark length?
Does adding more current just make the sparks brighter, and therefore visibly longer?