RE: [TCML] Transformer

The eBay link (which was sold) is not really suitable for a beginner's Tesla coil.  As it is rated 50kV @500mA, the voltage is rather high (you'd need more expensive higher-voltage caps, and corona losses would be an issue), the power level is high (your coil would need to be BIG and comparably expensive), you'd need a rotary spark gap, and this is not a current-limited transformer like an NST, so you'd need a current limiting ballast.  You didn't indicate what size or power level you're shooting for, so I'm just assuming this is a first-time coil.  Assuming so, just look for an NST.  Any size you find can be used, as long as it's a core-and-coil type (as opposed to the smaller lighter cheaper solid state units), preferably without ground fault protection.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA