Re: [TCML] Primary selfC

Hi Jeff,

Don't dig too hard. The concept is easy to comprehend. A usable Cpri could be built as part of the ribbon primary winding if two actual winding ribbons are used as opposed to the normal single ribbon winding to form an actual parallel plate capacitance. No doubt that a primary coil of this nature would be best to be encased in oil or maybe a wax pack as you have done on many of your coils. The large C would certainly dominate the tank. Given the geometry of both plates, impregnating in wax or possibly oil filled, it would take some work to do properly.

I don't realize an electrical benefit, but it would be fun to build something different like that (which is as good a reason as any to do it). It just shows there are more ways to skin a cat than one.
PS. Don't read this to your cat :'( .

Regards,
Bart

Jeff Behary wrote:
Bart - I am digging and digging to try and find it for you. I have a 3" thick binder of non-Tesla Tesla Coils from 1890s - 1940s. I can't find it, and hope I actually printed it out. I think I got it from the European patent office, which was up until a few years ago easier to search than the US Patent Office...