Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:25 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Interesting Coil Wrap

I have to agree with Gary on this one. I thought a bipolar secondary was wound just like any other secondary. The two ends of a transformer secondary are already at opposite polarities--no need for "special" winding.

Besides, if you wind two halves of a solenoid-style inductor in opposite directions, won't the inductances cancel, leaving the thing with zero Henries?

I'm puzzled too.

Greg