Re: [TCML] toroid discharge

I know that the toroid is a capacitor, so does it hold a charge after I
turn the coil off?  Will it discharge when I touch it?

Normally it does not hold a charge. However I have had toroids and secondary coils hold a static charge after turn off on several occasions. I wound a lot of experimental coils and changed them about a lot, so got zapped from static from the coils a fair few times.. So my advice always assume there is a charge there and always treat highvoltage equipment with respect and never leave anything to chance no matter how unlikely it may be.

Chris