[TCML] Speaking of hyperbaric gaps...

I've mentioned this several times in the past - perhaps caps will help:
THERE IS NO SUCH PERSON AS GARY WEAZLE.
I documented my vortex gap, which uses above-ambient air pressure, on my Gary Lau's Tesla Coil web site.  And John Bruce McCreath, a.k.a. Weazle, did too on his web site.  Not sure who did it first.

I attribute any improved performance to a lower gap resistance.  I would wager that the quenching is actually worse than ambient-pressure gaps, and very definitely worse than multi-segment gaps.  Quenching improves as one tries to stretch out or cool the arc, but this also makes the resistance (and losses) higher.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA