[TCML] Tuning a coil with an oscilloscope

I have been trying to use a signal generator and scope to tune my coil more scientifically than the old fashioned trial-and-error method.? I believe I pegged the?secondary frequency at 127.24 kHz.? This is pretty close to the freq I got from JAVATC which was 125.21 kHz.?

However, in trying to tune the primary, I'm coming up with a tap point 13 5/8 turns which is significantly different from that the JAVATC indicated 16.2 turns.? This makes me think I might be doing something wrong.?

A couple of questions:

1.? Should you tune the primary coil while it is still hooked up to the NST & Terry filter?? Or do you need to disconnect everything & totally isolate the primary coil and tank cap?

2.? Would someone out there be able to point me to a source showing how to properly hook-up the scope & signal generator for both the primary & secondary?? Just want to confirm I got the circuits right.

Thanks for any help.? Dennis Hopkinton MA