Re: [TCML] primary coil

Regarding "soldering primaries together", Marko's right. Been there and done that. No problem at all. The only problem might be your talent at soldering. Obviously with primary tubing, a torch and plumbing solder is the typical choice (same as sweating a water pipe, but use a smaller pipe that just fits inside the tubing so that it has some mechanical strength). If there are drips or protrusions, heat it up again and wipe the drip up while the solder is still fluid. Filing the drip down is not then required. Drips have a lower voltage arcing capability due to their geometry, so best to prevent that.

Bart

mark olson wrote:

you have told me i need to extend my primary coil to 15 turns

can i solder the extra coil on or will that lower the performance of my tc also any sugestions on how to hipe it up abit i was hopeing to get 3 to4 foot streamers
  possibley piggybacking another nst in paralell or something

soldering on the extra length wont hurt anything

marko