Re: [TCML] pole pig minus case

Hi Jorge,

I would personally give it an oil bath. It would probably do fine without one for short runs, but it's "safe" to have it contained and while doing that, you might as well fill it with oil. Maybe you can track down a dead pig and use the case or simply figure out an alternative.

Bart

Jorge Fuentes wrote:
Howdy all,

My name is Jorge, im a fellow tesla coil builder from Mexico, i've built
several tesla coils over the years, small ones compared to the ones i've
seen here,
and in person, been doing small steps at a time, building up experience.
Recently i got hold of a pole pig wich will make me jump from neons to the
medium
stuff I say.
The thing is I got the transformer without the case, im planning on pumping
out around 5,000 watts from the pig, do you guys think it can do it dry? i
know
putting it in an oil bath would GREATLY help (alas increasing weight and
size), but i dont want extended run times, say a minute of running and 10-15

minutes of cool down, what do you guys think?

Heres a pic of the pigy:
http://www.piedrasnegras.com.mx/tesla/DSC00769.jpg

Thanks