Re: [TCML] spark gap

For absolute maximum performance from ANY nst setup, switch to a hyperbaric
sparkgap --- runs on a used vacuum cleaner motor --- usually $10 from a
local repair shop.  Then you need a "tee" electric PVC conduit box and a few
plumbing fittings, and some copper pipe for the burn away electrodes.
Sometimes I use 3/8 inch tungsten and they seem to last a long time
especially in the short duty cycles of Tesla coil service.

The hyperbaric sparkgap has given me the very max output sec spark from
almost any nst setup --- beats a parallel copper tube gap every time because
you are not wasting a lot of energy in heat loss in multiple gaps.

Dr. Resonance